KTOS Hiawatha • 1770 Boyson Road • Hiawatha, IA 52233
Thursdays Sept 28 & Oct 5 1:00-3:00pm
Tuesdays Oct 3 & 10 9:30-11:30am
*Spouse/Guest Can Attend At No Additional Cost
Call (800) 383-6590 to Register or Request a Course Brochure
Join us for a two-day educational course designed to address the concerns of retirees or those nearing retirement. Now that you are retired (or nearing retirement) your financial decisions are more important than ever. With so many ways to locate financial information, you must choose the method that is right for you. Rejuvenate Your Retirement blends life planning activities with time-tested financial strategies to help you make the most of your retirement.
Attendees receive a 145-page textbook that helps you follow along with the presentation. The examples, illustrations and checklists in your book make it easy to understand the concepts discussed in class, provide a step-by-step process to apply what you learn and serve as a convenient reference tool after the course is complete.
Topics covered include:
- Life Planning in Retirement: Learn to fill your days with activities you enjoy and that give meaning to your retirement years. The non-financial aspects of planning our retirement are often overlooked.
- Financial Concerns: Work until Age 65, get a gold watch and a comfortable pension for life, right? For most people, life doesn’t follow this traditional path, and as a result more responsibility is being shifted to individual retirees. We address the primary financial concerns of retirees and provide time-tested strategies for planning your retirement income.
- Investments: This section focuses on ways to manage investment risk and the six most important considerations to understand before you invest.
- Retirement Income Sources: Do you have a strategy to get the most from Social Security? This section also explains IRS rules for Required Minimum Distributions, including how to calculate and avoid penalties. A common dilemma that retirees face is deciding whether they should take their withdrawals from their IRAs or from taxable accounts. Discover how to make your retirement income withdrawals as tax-efficient as possible.
- Health Care Planning: One of the biggest concerns for retirees is their health. Learn how to evaluate your choices, the cost of coverage and how to enroll. We also introduce the legal planning side of health care that should not be overlooked.
- Estate Planning: Estate planning can be one of the most complicated aspects of financial planning. If you already have an estate plan, the information you learn helps you better understand it, so you can determine whether your plan can be improved or should be updated. If you do not have a comprehensive estate plan, the knowledge, strategies and checklists your receive provide the foundation for an effective plan.